Saturday, April 26, 2008

Chipa

I had an urgent desire to eat chipa last Sunday, and so I pulled out a recipe from the internet and decided to make it. Given the fact that I didn't have the same ingredients as I would back in Paraguay, and that this was my first time making them, they came out really good!

Behold, the ingredients:Before they were put in the oven:And after:
I picked the first one, trembling with excitement:Next time, I need to find a type of cheese with stronger flavor and finer cornmeal (I accidentally bought the medium ground one). Otherwise, it was excellent.

8 comments:

Rebekah L. McLeod said...

Look so good. are they gluten free?
If so you'll have to tell me how to make them.
Oh and if you ask the people at the cheese case at wholefoods, they could probably find you a cheese closer to what you get at home. They have all kinds of cheeses there.

Mr. J.C. said...

jajaja!!!! nice!!!! me agarro un hambre!!!

Deanna said...

yeah yeah yeah!

Melissa said...

Great!! chipa! yum! yo aca compro la masa cruda y pongo en el horno directo... jejeje t admiro xq vos empezast d cero.. :)

Melissa said...

by the way, are do you know anything about cambodia?are u going there?

El Paraguayo! said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
El Paraguayo! said...

Rica Chipa! jeje.. che leí la entrevista en ultima hora.. pero ya lo había hecho tiempo atrás, cuando recién entraste a trabajar, salió en la revista de abc creo.. ahora aproveche y coloque un post en mi blog.. por que me gusta comunicar sobre los paraguayos en gral, y mejor si están teniendo éxitos lejos del Paraguay! Pasa a ver mi blog si qres, espero poder tenerte en una entrevista exclusiva y poder postearlo.. :)
comunicate conmigo si podes y tenes tiempo.. fuerte abrazo!

sweetly blissful said...

guillermo! mi amor, como estas??? sooo i want the recipe for these. it looks like pandeyuca colombiano...which is muy tastey! and this also looks beautiful! i hope you are well! miss you!