Tuesday, February 05, 2008

"The strange glory of ordinary things"

"But Jenkin seemed to be able to enjoy everything; even ugliness. I learned from him that we should attempt a total surrender to whatever atmosphere was offering itself at the moment; in a squalid town to seek out those very places where its squalor rose to grimness and almost grandeur, on a dismal day to find the most dismal and dripping wood, on a windy day to seek out the windiest ridge. There was no Betjemannic irony about it; only a serious, yet gleeful, determination to rub one's nose in the very quiddity of each thing, to rejoice in its being (so magnificently) what it was."

C.S Lewis in 'Surprised by Joy'.

9 comments:

Alex Fleisig said...

really cool drawing gearmo!!!
makes me think, Poe...
neat quote too

mkummer said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
mkummer said...

I dig it Gear. Nice work, those are some huge crows, peck yer face off.

Check out my blog sometime, just got one.

Maulik said...

That is really nice reading and inspiring. Love the artwork too goes with the words.

Between I saw your demo reel in DreamWorks presentation yesterday. I have been vising your blog quite often and been a huge fan of your short film, sugar rush. I immediately knew it was you when they showed the demo reel. Thought to let you know.

Guillermo said...

Thanks guys!

Victor R. Vasconsellos K. said...

Awesome drawing to go along with the Lewis Quote. It is really suiting indeed ^^

Don Elfo said...

You worried about something?
A very dark atmosphere for this to be a picture of yours...
(My style though, really like it)

Mark E said...

I love these trees Guillermo.

yolanda said...

me encanto el dibujo, lo adore...=)