Wednesday, July 18, 2007

National Crisis

For the past two days, I've been looking for self-rising flour at several stores. No one carries it anymore. I talked to managers, asked the cashiers, inquired with the shoppers only to find that no-one knows what's going on. Have they stopped making it? Did it become illegal? Is someone buying them all? I shiver at the thought that I'll never find it anymore, and I will have to tell my children tales of this wonderful ingredient which made baking so much easier.

6 comments:

Chris Nabholz said...

all is not lost:

just make your own.

1. Using a dry measure, measure the desired amount of flour into a separate container.

2. For each cup of all-purpose flour, add 1 1/2 teaspoons of baking powder and 1/2 teaspoon of salt.

3. Mix to combine.

Mark Behm said...

You just find a way to keep that banana bread coming! >:] I mean :)

Victor said...

Do you want me to send you some? Maybe even some Royal, jajajaja. XD

VaneRV said...

what were you trying to cook? Here we have it! our third-world country is a wonderland! at least we can still cook with self-rising flour! hahaha! just kidding.

How r u doing? I tried to catch your name in the credits of Shrek III but you know how movie theaters are here..they are not used to see a Paraguayan in that part of the movie.

GBU

Victor said...

True, I think we should go to the movie theatres and vtell them about Guille so they will leave the credits rolling long enough XD

We can maybe even go to the papers and TV......

Miss Meli :) said...

yeah, it's frustrating when you don't find an ingredient you need...
on the other hand, I'm loving the pics :) I'm a visual learner,so...