Monday, October 16, 2006

Destino and Lorenzo

About two years ago Disney Feature Animation went to Ringling to give a presentation. I don't think they were hiring at the time, and that may be the reason why not that many people went to see them. I was helping out with the AV equipment in the Lecture Hall.

The presentation went on as usual: they described where the company was at, showed some pictures of the studio in Burbank and briefly talked about the future and the CG movies they had in production (the Mickey Christmas Special and Meet the Robinsons). Then, out of nowhere, they announced that they were going to show two previously unreleased shorts that have rarely been seen outside animation festivals: Destino and Lorenzo. They were both absolutely fantastic.

You can read about Destino (a collaboration between Disney and Salvador Dali) here and Lorenzo, here.

That was the first and last time I saw them. I've been wanting to get a copy of both shorts so badly, but I don't even know if Disney plans to release them.

I found this clip of Destino on youtube:

5 comments:

kandrus said...

It would be great if they released these. Who knows maybe they will hear your calls and release it to the public. hehehe. Great post!

bardo said...

I've never seen Destino before. Trippy stuff.

Evan Richards said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Caleb Prochnow said...

Hey G Mo great to hear from you, things are going great for Annie and Me. I was really hoping to get your # and e-mail address- do you think you could get those to me? Take Care

Jennifer Bacher said...

Hey Guillermo! Haven't talked to you in a while. I don't know if you've ever heard of or been to the Salvador Dali Museum in St. Pete, FL, but they had a copy of Destino that they played during one of their exhibitions. My Mom was back there recently, and she said that they are talking about releasing it and selling it in the Museum gift shop!