Tuesday, September 19, 2006

La mujer gata

Meng, Nara and I choose a topic for the week and sketch it. Last week's task was to redesign catwoman. Here are some attempts. I want to post as many drawings as I can as a way to track my progress and try to improve my drawings. Here's catwoman as a cyborg!In other news, I applaud Nintendo's radical and fresh perspective on gaming in general compared to rivals Microsoft and Sony. I had said before that they were trying too hard to be different when they announced the Wii, thinking that the sole appeal of this console was that "it was so different from everything else that it's bound to sell". But it's clearly more than that. Nintendo's approach is not just to be the polar opposite of the competition (and hoping to sell by just doing that), but rather it designed the Wii to encourage the average person (and not just the hardcore gamer) to give it a try. Furthermore, the many multiplayer games that will be released in the future will provide a great opportunity for communal gaming, which to me, is its greatest appeal. I mean, come on, I'm already challenging people to play Wii sports when it comes out!

I'm sorry PS3 but you're expensive. I could buy 120 cheeseburgers with fries and a coke from In-N-Out with that money.

That's right. I preordered the Wii.

No comments: